FIRE SCIENCE PROGRAMS
IN THIS SECTION
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Corsicana Campus | (903) 875-7481
Waxahachie Campus | (972) 923-6447
Fire Academy Schedule and Admission
|Fall (Day Class)||August - December||M/T/W/Th/F||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Spring (Day Class)||January - May||M/T/W/Th/F||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Admission to Fire Academy Requires:
- Acknowledgement of Academy policies
- Medical release
Section A: Medical Conditions
Section B: Job Tasks
Section C: NFPA Required Bunker Gear
Must be picked-up in the Protective Services Office, Waxahachie Campus
Procedures for Admission
STEP 1: APPLY TO NAVARRO COLLEGE
- Complete the Navarro College application
- Submit High School diploma or GED and all required Official transcriptions to the Registrar's Office.
- Schedule and complete TSI Assessment test (unless exempt).
STEP 2: FIRE ACADEMY REGISTRATION
- Register for classes in the Fire/EMS Department in Building D on the Waxahachie Campus.
- Students are encouraged to contact the Fire/EMS Department as soon as possible for full registration requirements at (972) 923-6447.